Gasconade County Courthouse :: Hermann, MO
- Charles D. Eitzen, a self-made millionaire, willed the sum of $50,000 to Gasconade County for construction and furnishing of a new courthouse.
- Dedicated on July 18, 1898, the Gasconade County Courthouse is thought to be one of the few courthouses in the United States built entirely with private funds.
- More than 400,000 bricks went into the new courthouse. Bricklayers brushed bricks with beer (cheaper than vinegar in those days) to make them shine and even out the color.