Oh, and one other thing we discovered today.
The Hair Museum in Independence.
Some lady has been collecting Victorian hair wreaths for over 40 years. It’s the world’s largest collection. This was one of many rather morbid hobbies of the Victorians, collecting hair from their loved ones (often dead loved ones) and making wreaths out of it.
They also made jewelry out of hair, necklaces and bracelets and watchbands and such. Sometimes when a guy went off to war or to travel for business, they’d have watch bands made from their wife’s hair, just so that he’d “always remember her.”
I find the whole thing extraordinarily creepy.
- tinaalsgirl likes this
- tinaalsgirl reblogged this from missouri-pride
- missouri-pride reblogged this from hey-lady-wanderlust
- diademuerto8 reblogged this from hey-lady-wanderlust and added:
- dracadancer reblogged this from hey-lady-wanderlust
- goodollonestar likes this
- hey-lady-wanderlust posted this